Thursday, May 13, 2010

Farmers market visit


Andrew Proud-Madruga:What's your name and your role here at the farmers market?
Mike Belprez:My name is Mike Belprez, and I am a shopper here at the market.
APM:WHy do you chose to shop here?
MB:Fresh food, locally grown, I know where it comes from, that it's organic, and it tastes great too.
APM:When did you start coming here and why?
MB:few years ago, can't say exactly when. I started coming here because my daughter wanted me too, and I just kept coming back.
APM:Do you garden at home? Why or why not?
MB:No, I would but I live in an apartment building
APM:What would be your advice to get others to come to the market?
MB:I suppose I would tell them how it benefits the environment and that the food tastes even better than store bought food.

6 comments:

  1. I liked how he said that he would garden at home but he lives in a apartment, because a lot of people what to but they don't have enough space. I think if we could get people to go once they would keep going back just like Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you show your emotions on going to interview them. I like the way you were specific in your interview. It made me think that if people have the chance to go to that farmers market it would be better for the people that sell there like Mike did. You did a good job on your interview you did what you had to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you got a perfect example of a person who is unable to have a garden even though he would like to. When he said that he started coming to the farmers market because of his daughter. It shows you that you can always learn something new, even from people that are younger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Araceli that I like how you were showing your emotions over the the interview.

    It make me think that know we should start going to the farmers market more often so we could br healthy.

    Well everything was interesting ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the questions that you used such as:
    Andrew Proud-Madruga:What's your name and your role here at the farmers market?
    Mike Belprez:My name is Mike Belprez, and I am a shopper here at the market. I think that this is good because you introduce the person and what they do. I liked your post and I hope next time you use a reflation after the questions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like Travis mentioned, I liked how he said he would garden at home, but he lives in an apartment. That shows that he was really inspired to make a garden at home if he had the chance to. I also like the fact that he was influenced by his daughter to come to the Farmer's Market and shop, and he kept coming back for years on his own (without being told to). One thing that really made me think was how he mentioned that going to a Farmer's Market benefits the environment because that really ties into the topic we are learning in class of sustainability.

    ReplyDelete