Monday, May 10, 2010

The Senior Garden


Thursday morning we took a journey into the wilderness and ventured through unexplored territory, to the garden that Johns seniors had planted! There were pumpkin vines, red chard, strawberries, carrots, lettuce, and mango trees. Everything was so green and inviting I immediately felt at home, I especially loved the pumpkin vines, their gentle curls swaying slightly in the breeze, that such a small and sensitive plant could produce such large and powerful fruit was amazing. The seniors caringly tended to the garden making sure that everything that the plant needed would be readily available, whether it was fertilizer, or water it would be provided, they took care of the plant and in return it gave them their fruits. Such a beautiful symbiotic relationship had been achieved so close to where I travel everyday, it was amazing to me. I'm not sure I had witnessed anything so close to perfection that there was almost nothing that I would do to change it or anything I could do to improve it. I left the garden feeling enlightened and calm, satisfied that there was some good left in the world.






Questions I used:What kinds of plants were there?
What was your favorite part of the garden?
Do you think the seniors care about the garden?
What changes would you make to the garden?

No comments:

Post a Comment